Fondue is a part of Swiss cuisine. It is a dish made with melted cheese. This awesomely delicious chicken fondue recipe is from my lovely friend, Twinkle. I can’t thank her enough for sharing such a scrumptious recipe. So different from what we usually prepare at home with chicken. And it was so so yummmy, that Tanu and me finished almost half of what was prepared, in no time. We couldn’t wait until dinner time, nor needed anything else to go with it 🙂
Though the original recipe called for Amul cheese, I have used Cheddar cheese that has given the dish a tint of creamy color. The flavors of chicken seasoned with salt and pepper, the crunchy veggies immersed in the creamy cheese and white sauce.. what a heavenly combination. You can serve it along with garlic toast or mashed potatoes. They go perfectly well. And make sure you serve it while it is still hot, to get that gooey and cheesy texture.
This is definitely going to be a keeper at home. So do try it at your home too. I’m sure everybody will enjoy this dish. So read on to learn how to make this delicious chicken fondue at home.
Delicious Chicken Fondue - An easy recipe
1. Cook chicken in water with 3/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. (You may adjust the spice level as per taste).
2. This may take about 20 – 25 minutes. Retain the stalk for later use.
3. Debone the cooked chicken pieces and keep them aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan.
5. Saute onion, capsicum, and carrots for a couple of minutes.
6. Add in about 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper and mix.
7. Then add in the chicken stalk into it and let it boil. They should retain their crunch, and hence should not be overcooked.
8. Meanwhile, you can prepare the white sauce. For this, add in butter to another pan.
9. Next mix the all purpose flour to it.
10. Add the milk and mix, until everything dissolves.
11. Add salt and pepper as required, and mix.
12. Keep stirring until the mixture begins to thicken.
13. Once it reaches the sauce consistency, switch the flame off.
14. Add this white sauce into the prepared veggies, and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
15. Next add the grated cheddar cheese.
16. Once the cheese melts, add in the chicken pieces and mix. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
You may adjust the consistency of the fondue. If it appears to be too thick, add more of the chicken stalk. And if the fondue is too runny, add more cheese.